Thursday, June 12, 2008

Catching a monopoly

K: You there, I'm a monopoly watchdog and I believe you are a monopoly. It is my duty to see you stop being one, see you in court!

T: No I'm not, yeah see you there.

awhile later

District Judge: T, you have violated monopoly laws. You should divest your interest and not lump them in the same sector.

T: Awww damn, I'm appealing!

K: Go ahead! *sniggers*

another awhile later

T: We've got a good deal so we are selling away about half our stake, hurray!

K: That's not fair, you made an appeal so you should keep the status quo as being a monopoly so that the appeal judgement on whether you are a monopoly in the first place will be fair.

T: But I no longer hold a substantial stake in that sector!

K: Who cares? Hmmm.. What was the case for again? Hmmm... nevermind, as long as I win the appeal.

No comments: