Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A book to look forward to

Finally, a book to look forward to after a long time. I seldom read books except for a few titles. I discovered Tolkien's Lord of the Rings totally by chance. The trilogy appeared in my cupboard and I had no recollection how it ended up there. At first, I thought it might be my cousins'. From time to time I used to get some passed on stuff from them. Strangely, when asked, they do not remember those 1990 edition books either. Being sucked into Tolkien's well thought off world of Middle-earth was one great adventure. "The story never ends" it seemed, the books were like an epoch or a snapshot from a never ending time line. One of the major drawbacks of reading a good book is reading less. After reading LOTR, all other books of the same genre since then just seem like trash. Hopefully his son will get the new story right.

The books I have read from Tolkien and son are:
1. LOTR 1 - 3
2. The Hobbit
3. The Simarillion
4. Unfinished Tales

No comments: