Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Why I dislike M$ part 1

Because,
  • I spent 4 hours trying to debug a program only to realize it was because Visual Studio 2005 did not have Service Pack 1 installed.
  • I spent 4 hours trying to install VS SP1 on a computer with about 600+ MB free space on C: but it refuses to install even when my swap file is on another drive.
  • I spent 4 hours trying to get my .NET platform and Windows Live Messenger Working after uninstalling VS 2005 (due to 2).
  • I spent 45mins trying to repair my Windows installation but to no avail.
  • I realized that miktex also messed up so I had to re-format my computer, using up another 3 hours.
  • When trying to install MS SDK it is too lazy to search for the IE web-browser location and refuses to install, thereby forcing me to set IE as the default web-browser to install it.

2 comments:

fu onn said...

yo can u post something more enlightening?.. less technical bah :)

Devil said...

it is the hours that matter not the process :D