Wednesday, February 14, 2007

In the making

I have always wondered what is the big hoohaa about web logs. After all, personalized homepages have been around since the dawn of the Internet. I guess it all boils down to automation. The free tools provided are really good for those without web know how. Sadly, I find them rather restrictive -- nothing like the good old hacking away at open source stuff and ftp. Finding webspace to locate flash files, audio, picture, etc, is just so troublesome with different services scattered all over. Probably that is the reason people get their own domains.

A long time ago I tried to keep a diary in an attempt to improve my Chinese. But could never pen anything beyond: "The day was as it is". Hopefully the increasing desire to rant will change that. Everyone is just too busy for synchronous communication nowadays. Here is something to end off this entry with.

No comments: