Monday, December 24, 2007

One rant to rule them all and in the darkness bind them

I have been taking pictures of things that I found rantable for a few months now using my handphone. However being too busy or just plain lazy, I have only transferred them recently to disk. So I will just rant about everything in no particular order.

First up we have the Bleach car where Kurosaki Ichigo is on all sides. This is probably the only car I have seen so far with anime characters on it and I used to walk past it to get to the train station every morning. Somehow I have not seen it recently though.


Next, is how I finally found time a few months ago to go have my favourite Hainanese curry rice (yes the one that takes 3 days to cook its curry). The real good stuff is not just the curry, it is the amazing fried pork chop (green platter) as well.


On with the food theme, I finally had a chance to try ōtoro (the one in the center). Yes tuna belly sashimi that shio min (common folk) do not get to eat. It tastes great because of all the fats but not something which one can eat large quantities of. The fats get disgusting after three pieces.


And of course who can forget my favourite Ikura (salmon roe).


Talking about common food, Mac'donalds has shrunk. Whatever happened to all American fast food? Imagine the size of that Fillet 'O Fish box. It is a small box. What is worse is the burger only fills up two thirds of that small box as shown below.


Breakfast at Mac'donalds is no better. Below with have an Egg Mc'Muffin that is so tiny, it fits snugly on the top of the coffee cup! What a shame!


Taking a break from the food fare, here is a picture of how disgustingly long the queue for a bus can get sometimes. The queue extended out of the bus terminal, on to the pedestrian pavement outside. If this keeps up, there may come a time we have to take a bus to get from the end to the front of the queue.


Back to food, one of my favourites are those sausages. They come in all varieties and taste great. All they need to to be topped off with large quantities of Dunkel and Wiessbier.


Talking about beers, one of the only few UK ales available here is the Old Speckled Hen (left, the right is Strongbow cider). Definitely a bitter not to be missed if you see it around.


As one can see, it is apparent that most of my life is about F&B, food & beer that is. To end with the foods, we need dessert, hence the chocolate fondue with three types of chocolate at Max Brenner's.


Last but not least, Blogger's post editor sucks. What are the developers thinking? Why would anyone want to insert pictures at the start of the post instead of at the end of the post? If only they would change that so that life will be easier without ctrl-x and ctrl-v.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

use wordpress. u can import all your blogger posts inside. and no weird formatting here and there.

-MK-

Anonymous said...

he seems to be eating alot ma... careful... u are gonna go real...FFFAAATTTT

Devil said...

Yeah, I guess my hobby is becoming F&B.